[kdepim-users] akonadi fsck fails

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Mon Aug 24 15:39:37 BST 2015

On Friday, August 21, 2015 9:16:51 AM CEST J. Roeleveld wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Not sure if this is the correct list to post this.
>
> When I run "akonadictl fsck", I notice an error in the "akonadiserver.error"
> logfile showing a SQL-error.
>
> The SQL that is used is over 100,000 characters long, with over 54,000
> variables that need to be loaded in during the execute-phase.
>
> Is there a way to clean up the "PimItemFlagRelation" table manually to
> ensure this error stops?

Hi,

that's a known problem, the query is simply too large and MySQL refuses to
execute it (same with PostgreSQL). I wouldn'd worry too much though - it does
not mean that the database is corrupted or anything.  And since we use
database constraints the PimItemFlagRelation table should not contain any
orphaned records (this was added mostly for SQLite). It also does not affect
the rest of fsck process, other checks are executed.

I should probably look at making the query saner, but that's not the top
priority right now :)

Cheers,
Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
Email: dvratil at kde.org
Jabber: dan.vratil at kdetalk.net
IRC: dvratil on Freenode (#kde, #kontact, #akonadi)