[kdepim-users] importing maildir

Stephan Olbrich stephanolbrich at gmx.de
Thu Apr 2 20:49:03 BST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate my local mails from one kmail to another.
I exported the mail to an bz2 archive.

If I try to import the archive I end up with local-folders/inbox/local-
folders/inbox structure. Moving those folders to back to toplevel where they
belong (with lots of subfolders and mails) around seems to confuse akonadi so
much that at some point I can't move some folders anymore. Also a lot of mails
are marked as unread although they were all marked as read before and if I
check the maildir directly, all are in the cur folder (in the archive).

If I try to just point local-folders to the (extracted) archive, the folders
are at the correct place, but now all mails are marked as unread! Is this a
bug or a feature?? And is there a way to mark all mails as read? (There are
lots of subfolders)

Stephan