[kdepim-users] send email using a distribution list / contact group

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 18:26:41 BST 2014

On 29/09/2014 19:07, upscope wrote:
> On Monday, September 29, 2014 08:50:22 AM O. Sinclair wrote:
>> On 26/09/2014 02:54, upscope wrote:

>>> Yes you are probably right. My main problem on openSUSE 13.2
>>> is kmail gets the same message over and even though I have
>>> marked them read and even deleted them on my end. Using KDE
>>> release at the 4..14.level. I need to look at it closer and
>>> open a bug if I find anything.
>>>
>>> Glad yours is working.
>>
>> I had this problem during an earlier upgrade where I imported
>> old email folders from several pop accounts.
>>
>> Only way I could finally fix it was to recreate fresh Local
>> Folder with all subfolders manually, then import the old emails
>> into a separate subfolder and manually copy the emails from their
>> respective subfolders to the newly created structure.
>>
>> Was not one bit fun but have not had any problems since
>>
>> Sinclair _______________________________________________ KDE PIM
>> users mailing list Subscription management:
> Thanks for this response. Did you save the old local forder and
> then delete it under kmail. Then create a new one ?

Basically I copied / moved the file directories containing my mail to
a separate location. In a "fresh" Kmail I then imported this folder
with all subfolders, it ends up in "import" folder if I recall correctly.

I then created every darn subfolder that existed in the "import"
folder under "Local Folder" and then copied mails from the
corresponding folders in "import" to the fresh folder. And had to
CTRL+A and mark as read on every folder following that.

As I said it was not one bit fun but after that incoming mail could be
moved or filtered without endlessly reoccurring on the next mailcheck