[kdepim-users] KMail hallucinates mails in "account" folder

Mara Raram marararam at gmx.net
Tue Sep 23 16:43:31 BST 2014

Hi,

On 23.09.2014 15:26, O. Sinclair wrote:

>>> since recently KMail shows me a count of 1'000 (exactly) messages
>>> in the top folder of my IMAP account (see attached screenshot).
>>>
>>> I am pretty sure there are no messages at this level, and kmail
>>> will not show anything in the header or message panes if i click
>>> on the topmost folder.
>>>
>>> Alas, this is not cosmetic. The automatic archiving does not
>>> work anymore. While I can archive any folder of the account
>>> seperately, archiving the whole account fails with an error
>>> message (translated back from German):
>>>
>>> Folder "imap-1" could not be archived. Downloading of a message
>>> to folder "imap-1" failed.
>>>
>>> (Der Ordner „imap-1“ kann nicht archiviert werden. Das
>>> Herunterladen einer Nachricht in den Ordner „imap-1“ ist
>>> fehlgeschlagen.)
>>>
>>> How do I get rid of those phantom messages?
>>>

>> I forgot: this is KDE 4.14.1 on opensuse 12.3
>
> Is that even a folder?

I'd say "no" but KMail seems to differ.

> is it not rather some kind of indicator for
> your account for the folders you subscribe to from the server?

Yes, I think so, too. I have no idea how or why KMail thinks there is
mail there.

> My only IMAP account does not behave that on the same version of KDE
> though Kubuntu 14.04

This is something that recently changed. There has never been any
indication of mails at this level until last week. I did not put any
mails there, I do not have any clue what those could be.

> I use offline IMAP as quite often find myself being offline, don't
> know if that makes any difference

This is an offline IMAP account.

> As this is an IMAP account did you try simply removing and recreating it?

My last change to that IMAP account (the server name changed) broke all
my filters, so I would really like to find a less destructive way.

Regards
Mara