[kdepim-users] send email using a distribution list / contact group

Maurice maurice at bcs.org.uk
Thu Sep 11 16:18:08 BST 2014

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 16:23:09 -0400, Jerry Lapham wrote:

> I'm using 4.8.5 on Kubuntu 12.04.  It has never worked  here or on any
> of my previous versions.

Here on Kmail 4.11.4 under Mageia-4 it does work, although earlier
versions occasionally lost the group definition.

The group I use has only 3 addressees. I just enter the group name in
the Kmail 'To' field and it shows that name in blue for confirmation
and then sends to all 3 addresses.

My gripe with the facility is that it does not expand the group to show
all the addresses it found, so it is never possible to check that it
had worked.
  When it didn't, the first thing you know is the sent copy shows it
was sent to localhost or something like that...

--
/\/\aurice