[kdepim-users] moving messages actually copies messages...why?

Daniel Vratil dvratil at redhat.com
Sat Sep 6 16:14:36 BST 2014

On Friday 05 of September 2014 09:03:40 Donald wrote:
> On occasion, I try to move messages from the inbox to a folder that I've
> created (Inbox->Saved Items->bank, for instance)...
>
> I drag the message to that folder and select "Move here"
>
> When I "Check Mail" again, that same message then shows up as if it's a new
> email back in the Inbox...AND it's also moved to the folder...
>
> ...essentially it seems that the "Move here" option is actually copying, and
> instead of cleaning up my Inbox, I'm creating more messages...

MOVE is implemented as COPY + DELETE. So what you are seeing is the COPY part
happening just fine, but the DELETE failing.

I think you are hitting the same bug that I am seeing, which I think is caused
by the recent changes in ItemSync - when you delete an email while the folder
is syncing, the email disappears but appears again once the folder sync
finishes.

Daniel

> Am I missing something?

Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
KDE Desktop Team
Associate Software Engineer, Red Hat

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348