[kdepim-users] Hello!

Wolf Drechsel drechsel at verkehrsplanung.com
Mon Sep 29 17:15:07 BST 2014

Hello, good to hear that there are people around here.

I've been using Kontact 4.13.3 now for some months and like it.
I'm facing some minor issues - maybe somebody has good ideas...

My system:
ubuntu 14.04
unity desktop - no KDE
2GB RAM

* My calendar is entirely CalDAV-Based; I dont use local calendars. Frequently, my
calendar "forgets" the calendar colours and all its contents. After a reboot of the
system, it collects the contents from the server, I correct the colours, and things
are nice again.
It looks as if this happens, when the system is under heavier load.

* I love to use keyboard shortcuts and defined quite some of them - but Kontact
remembers many of my alterations, but not all of them.
E.g., I use ctrl 0,1,2,3,4 to navigate to "overview", email, calendar, contacts, usenet
etc. Kontact remembers everything exept ctrl-1 "email".
So it happens with alt-1 for "main inbox". alt-2 for sent mail box, alt-3 for drafts etc.
work nicely

* I love to use the AutoKey text expander (http://autokey.googlecode.com/). It
worked perfectly under ubuntu 12.04 - since the upgrade to 14.04 using autokey
makes Kontact crash. A description of this behavior is here:
https://code.google.com/p/autokey/issues/detail?id=288&q=14.04

Any hints would be very welcome.

Cheers,
Wolf