[kdepim-users] send email using a distribution list / contact group

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Wed Sep 24 17:22:57 BST 2014

On Tuesday, September 09, 2014 11:58:30 AM Robert Nuske wrote:
> Dear  kontact users,
>
> are there any tricks or workarounds to get Kmail to send an email to a
> group / distribution list?
>
> I am desperately trying to make use of a group with about 70 contacts
> created in KAddressBook. I naively expected that Kmail would send the
> email to all members of the group when I pick the group name  via the
> "Select..."-button attached to the "To:"-Field. Kmail tells me that
> it is not a valid email address without a '.'
>
> I am trying to use a group in a local address book (personal contacts)
> in kontact Version 4.13.3 on kubuntu 14.04.
>

> cheers
>   robert

Work good on openSUSE 13.1 with KDE 4.14.1. Kontact is also version
4.14.1. Have not seen this problem for at least last three release of
openSUSE. I send a newsletter to about Seventy people in 6 lists once a
month. Biggest is 34 people and smallest is 3 people. Current version of
kmail is 4.14.1 also. I will be testing on the up coming openSUSE 13.2
real soon. Need to solve problem with same messages being downloaded
every time I go into the inbox. I think I have 4.14.3 on my 13.2 setup.

Is there some patch that the Kubuntu is leaving out by accident?

Sorry I can't help more.

Russ
--
openSUSE 13.1(Linux 3.11.10-21-desktop x86_64|
Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz|8GB DDR3|