[kdepim-users] kmail: various questions of a new user

Sandro Knauß mail at sandroknauss.de
Mon Nov 17 09:59:30 GMT 2014

Hi,

> 1. kmail sends non-ASCII mails with a `Content-Transfer-Encoding` of
> `quoted-printable`; I prefer `8bit` for its better source-legibility (I am
> willing to risk non-8BITMIME-capable SMTP servers). Is it possible to have
> kmail use `8bit`?

Well for the moment, kmail automatcally switch between 7bit, qoutedprintale
and base64 (based on how much non ascii charactares there are). But actually
there is a test in messagecomposer/jobs/singlepartjob.cpp:
q->globalPart()->is8BitAllowed()

so somehow this is possible to active. But I didn't found any checkbox.

Regads,

sandro