[kdepim-users] q: Kontact > External Editor -- activate via keyboard shortcut?

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Fri Nov 14 00:05:48 GMT 2014

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 11/13/2014 06:18 PM, Garry T. Williams wrote:

> Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way any more.

Hmm, that's how it's working for me (in a VM).

> I can't remember when the change was made, but I saw the patch in a
> bug report several months ago.  I'm currently on 4.14.2.

... me too (I sound AOL'ish! :)

> When I either start a new message or reply to an existing one, the
> composer window is created and my external editor is *immediately*
> fork()ed.  :-(

Sounds like you're fork'd.  :p

Seriously, something doesn't sound right because I'm using the same
version as you and my experience is different.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo-blog.blueoakdb.com