[kdepim-users] Kmail wont start

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 23:32:57 GMT 2014

On Friday November 21 2014 17:12:30 Dan Beavers wrote:

Hi,

> Every time I start Kmail I get the following error message:
>
> The Email program encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.  The
> error was:  WTF: more than one attribute with the same name
>
> What do I do to debug this?

Do you also get this the 1st time you start the application after a restart or a logout/login?
If not, try the command

killall kmail

in a terminal. If you do NOT get a messages that there were no processes you could kill, the previous kmail instance was still running.

If that solves your issue, you might want to consider displaying the systray icon (=> visual indicator the app is running) and also unset the option to empty the trash at exit.

R.