[kdepim-users] akonadi error - fails to start

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Mon Nov 17 19:16:00 GMT 2014

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 11/17/2014 02:03 PM, dirk wrote:
> Hi Pablo,
>
> I have posted the output of akonadictl start.
>
> It seems to begin before the fist line i have posted but on my screen
> there are only the same signs and i am not be able to scoll upwards to
> the beginning.
> To write the output in a file like akonadictl start > akonadi.err does
> not work. The file is always empty.

Hi Dirk,

To get the output to a file, please try the following:

$ akonadictl stop
$ killall mysql

# confirm mysql is dead ...
$ ps -fu $USER | fgrep -i mysql

# ensure bash is being used
$ bash
$ akonadictl start > akonadictl.err 2>&1

btw, I may not be able to help you solve the root-cause but at least
we'll have the error log for someone more knowledgeable to be able to
help you.  :)

Cheers!

--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo-blog.blueoakdb.com