[kdepim-users] Searching in KMail?

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri May 9 14:28:15 BST 2014

Am Freitag, 9. Mai 2014, 13:26:52 schrieb Werner Joss:
> Am Freitag, 9. Mai 2014, 13:11:16 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> > > >
> > >   The question I've been asking since Akonadi/Nepomuk came on the
> > >
> > > scene!
> > >
> > >   A recent posting here suggests, however, that these troubles will
> > >
> > > be over when Kmail 4.13 gets out.
> > >
> > >   (It now uses Baloo instead of Nepomuk as the indexer.)
> >
> > For me it is.
> >
> > It indexed about 700000 mails in local maildir in about 30 minutes on my
> > dual SSD BTRFS RAID machine. And also indexed a work IMAP account with a
> > similar amount of mails just fine.
> >
> > I am impressed.
> >
> > Baloo works very nicely for me. I tested with several mails even just
> > recently downloaded ones and it matches fulltext on them.
>
> ok, indexing seems to be quite fast with baloo, however, there are several
> bug reports about excessive memory usage/even system lockups etc. out
> there,

I helped with hints regarding gathering performance data in one.

I cannot reproduce any performance issues so far. They may only happen if an
application changes files very quickly. But well if you have a performance
issue, please contribute to those reports.

> and sending mail to distribution lists is once again borked (as with
> ~ every second 4.x relase of kde =?/(&%$ยง )

Please report a bug if not already done.

Ciao,