[kdepim-users] Searching in KMail?

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri May 9 12:11:16 BST 2014

Am Freitag, 9. Mai 2014, 09:52:54 schrieb Maurice:
> On Fri, 09 May 2014 00:15:53 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > How do I get searching to work in KMail-4.12.5?
>
>   The question I've been asking since Akonadi/Nepomuk came on the
> scene!
>
>   A recent posting here suggests, however, that these troubles will
> be over when Kmail 4.13 gets out.
>   (It now uses Baloo instead of Nepomuk as the indexer.)

For me it is.

It indexed about 700000 mails in local maildir in about 30 minutes on my dual
SSD BTRFS RAID machine. And also indexed a work IMAP account with a similar
amount of mails just fine.

I am impressed.

Baloo works very nicely for me. I tested with several mails even just recently
downloaded ones and it matches fulltext on them.