[kdepim-users] Kmail Image viewer Configuration not sticking

P Duff pdgfellow at gmail.com
Sun May 11 03:19:20 BST 2014

A friend switched from Windows XP to Kubuntu 13.10 and I imported Outlook mail and
contacts to Kontact. Most things seem to work OK BUT the image viewer in Kmail does
not "stick".  By that I mean that if the user clicks on and attached image, he is asked to
select the application to use to open the image.  In this case he would like to use
Gwenview.  He checks the box to always use this application and when he accepts, the
system appears to go into an update but the next time he tries to open an image, he
has to repeat the process all over again.

I have not seen this before in about a dozen systems that I have assisted so it must not
be common.  Possibly there is a bad Kmail configuration file.

How can I force the system to use a selected image viewer and make it stick.

Or can I delete the kmail configuration file and re-configure Kmail without losing his
email and contact files?   If the answer is yes where is the configuration file located and
what is it called?

Thanks