[kdepim-users] Scary dialogs

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon Mar 3 08:36:53 GMT 2014

Am Montag, 3. März 2014, 08:53:10 schrieb Anders Lund:
> AndersOn Mandag den 3. marts 2014 08:48:31,  Lund wrote:
> > AndersOn Mandag den 3. marts 2014 08:19:51,  Lund wrote:
> > > Logging in after resume, I am met with 5
> > > instances of this dialog - but I did not try to
> > > delete anything. :(
> >
> > Looks like akonadi decided to delete my owncloud calendars from its own
> > system. Luckily, my data are safe on the owncloud server, and shows on the
> > owncloud web interface and on my android devices.
> >
> > But using korganizer does NOT feel very safe, unfortunately as it is very
> > nice to work with in general!
> >
> > I have filed numerous bugs regarding theese issues, but noone seem to
> > react
> >
> > :(
>
> Enabling/disabling my owncloud calendars did not help, but restarting
> akonadi did. Somehow, the thing lost its mind...

I suggest reporting this one as well. At least if it happens again.

While it can take a considerable amount of time, I have seen some activity on
bugs I reported. KDEPIM 4.12.2 did fix at least one of it, while many annoying
bugs are still in there like sometimes not displaying all mails in a folder.
But it might be that this one and possibly some others will finally be fixed for
KDEPIM 4.13.

So yes, it may take a frustrating amount of time, but giving detailed bug
reports may still be a key to a fix sometime in the future. With Dan and I
think some other developers there are some RedHat developers working on
Akonadi and KDEPIM and now after Munich decided to use Kolab and Kolab client,
which is an enhanced version of KDEPIM, as groupware I hope some more
developers will be working on it. At least KDEPIM will get a huge exposure and
I bet if bugs like this appear in the Munich setup, there is quite some
motivation to fix them.

Unless I decide to get myself hands on with the code and dedicate time to fix
them, thats what I can hope for. The only way to speed it up directly would be
fixing them myself or paying someone to do it.

So I am willing to accept it takes time, even if its frustrating and annoying
at times. It already got better and with KDE SC 4.12.2 for the first time it
seems possible for me to use KDEPIM for my IMAP account at work as well.