[kdepim-users] Kmail

Georgi Kourtev gkourtev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 07:39:26 GMT 2014

--
On Wednesday 05 March 2014 21:15:31 cgw993 at aol.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a new Kmail user.  I had a couple of general questions and welcome any
> help if anyone has time.
>
> 1.  I have 5+ years of outlook 2010 emails in pst files I would like to
> import. I am a beginning Linux user. Is there a genreally accepted way to
> import from these .pst files?  I do not need to import anything but emails
> that I have recieved and emails that I sent (along with their attachments if
> any).   The folder structure in my Outlook is a mess and a result of me
> trying to set them the way I want, and microsoft trying to force me to use
> them the way they want.
My experience show that it is much better to start the email structure from
scratch. This way you will have nice and smooth working environment.  Also I
have changed some jobs from once and awhile and each time I had all my emails
burned to CDs for immediate future use.  The matter of fact is that I never
opened them.  For me is important just the contact lists, which I keep on
Google. But all is personal preference at the end of the day.

In any case, though I never tested, there is an IMPORT feature in Kmail under
File.  There I see option for Outlook express (that might not work) but also
to import a file from a folder. You can try it out.

> 2. The image below ( or attached to this email) shows what I think is called
> Kmail's preview window.   Each email takes up two lines, but I am much more
> accustomed to it taking up 1 line.  Is there any way to make this one line?
> I do not use most features like grouping, threading or anything else, I
> just need basic email with the ability to save emails in a searchable
> archive.

You can customise quite freely the views of your mail. You can either click on
the panel (Sender-Subject-Date) and look for the different Themes that you can
adjust to your preferences.