[kdepim-users] Lost emails

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 3 09:22:35 GMT 2014

There are 653 emails missing from the inbox and sent-mail box. Compared it
with a backup, which was used to copy the mails into that path. I'm using
$HOME/Mail , and that is where the emails are missing. I seem to remember
posts from time to time where people had 'lost' emails in KMail.

I have now manually synchronised the inbox and sent-mail folders, by using a
backup.

Why did KMail delete all these emails ? Is it because the akonadi backend is
not properly synchronised with the folder structure ?

How do I use the akonadi console, any easy commands to make sure it is all
okay. I have seen comments in this list such as "the folder's messages existed
in the database but not in the file tree". What happens when they are in the
file tree and not in the database ? Does the database backend delete them maybe
??

I have no mail filters setup (it is an entry from the KMail install, not used,
maybe I should delete it) , but see these messages ..

------------------------------
[16:35:13] Begin filtering on message "Fwd: ssssss" from "Peter " at "Mon, 3
Mar 2014 04:35 PM" :
[16:35:16] Begin filtering on message "Fwd: ssssss" from "Peter " at "Mon, 3
Mar 2014 04:35 PM" :
[16:35:25] Begin filtering on message "Fwd: sssss" from "Peter " at "Mon, 3 Mar
2014 04:35 PM"

Regards,

Peter