[kdepim-users] Sent email notification gone?

john newsgrp1 at bestpond.com
Sat Mar 1 22:37:48 GMT 2014

Good morning  Thomas,

On Sat, 1 Mar 2014 05:02:02 Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> Since the latest update to 4.12.2 I no longer get notifications on emails
> sent, even though it's specifically set to "Show a message in a popup", so I
> have to check the Sent folder each time.
>
> Am I the only one experiencing this?

I have had a couple of updates in the past month or so, and the last one during this past week. I am also on 4.12.2

My notifications popup for incoming and ougoing mail, and for sent mailt indicates a successful send or failure!

In Kontact when I select Kmail, there is a menu item under Settings >Configure Notifications . I seem to recall it appeared during an update, not that long ago, and about  that time my notifications had also disappeared, but I can't recall the detail..

When I select that option there is a drop down bar at the top with some 8 selections, one of these is KDE-email client and that is where my settings are to select notifications for email suvccessfully sent or email sending failed. I just highlighted each one in turn and selected options below.

This is working well for me

Hope this is of some help.

Kind regards,

John.