[kdepim-users] Is it safe to play with file_lost+found?

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 13:13:56 GMT 2014

On Tuesday 04 of March 2014 10:31:14 Luis Felipe Tabera wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In my akonadi folder there is a file_lost+found folder with 3K files and a
> size of 400MB.
>
> I am wondering if it is safe to move, delete etc these files.
>
> For instance I have a mail file of 22MB and the very same file is also in a
> local mail folder. So it seems that deleting the copy if file_lost+found
> would be safe.
>
> fdupes show many duplicated files here.
>
> Assume that I find a file that is truly lost+found, for instance a vcf file
> that should be in my personal contact list but it is not. Is it safe to
> move the file to its coorect location? Copying it maybe?

This is created by akonadictl fsck when files are found in file_db_data that
reference to items that are no longer stored in Akonadi.

It is safe to delete content of this directory.

Cheers,
Dan

> Best regards,
>
> Luis

Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
KDE Desktop Team
Associate Software Engineer, Red Hat, Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348