[kdepim-users] Is it safe to play with file_lost+found?

Henk van Velden henk.vanvelden at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 4 09:52:19 GMT 2014

On Tuesday 04 March 2014 10:31:14 Luis Felipe Tabera wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In my akonadi folder there is a file_lost+found folder with 3K files and a
> size of 400MB.
>
> I am wondering if it is safe to move, delete etc these files.
>
> For instance I have a mail file of 22MB and the very same file is also in a
> local mail folder. So it seems that deleting the copy if file_lost+found
> would be safe.
>
> fdupes show many duplicated files here.
>
> Assume that I find a file that is truly lost+found, for instance a vcf file
> that should be in my personal contact list but it is not. Is it safe to
> move the file to its coorect location? Copying it maybe?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Luis

The file lost+found belongs to the file system where it is located (in the
root of that file system). It normaly should be empty. But when there
are/were problems with your file system, saved files can be there.

You must find out what the problems with that file system are/were. In any
case do an fsck of the (unmounted) file system.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Henk van Velden