[kdepim-users] Kmail "From:"

Jerry Lapham rjlapham at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 01:01:37 GMT 2014

I'm posting this with Kmail 4.8.5 running on Kubuntu 12.04 LTS which I've been
running for several months now.  I had avoided upgrading from 11.04 because of
the many reports of problems with the new database.  So far I haven't noticed
any problems on that score, however I do have a complaint:

The Kmail Composer up through 4.6.5 on Kubuntu 11.04 had  "Identity:" which
let you scroll through your various identities to use as your "From" address.
Changing from the default also changed your signature.  It would also display
the appropriate identity for the message you were replying to instead of using
the default.

The Kmail 4.8.5 Composer just has "From:" and displays the default identity
which must be changed manually if you want another identity as your "From"
address.

Anyone know if it will be any different in 14.04 LTS?

	-Jerry
Jerry Lapham
Monroe, OH  45050
rjlapham at gmail.com