[kdepim-users] Want KMail to leave an IMAP resource offline

Bryan Gardiner bog at khumba.net
Thu Jun 5 04:59:04 BST 2014

Hello kdepim-users,

I am giving KDE PIM a fresh shot with 4.12.5 on Gentoo as I try out
ownCloud, and a bunch of the bugs that I had hit with email in the
past are fixed (new mail notifications didn't work, replied-to emails
were marked with a "replied" flag other than the standard IMAP one,
external editor didn't restart IIRC).  Things are looking good!  Many
thanks to the devs.

I'd like to be able to stop KMail from switching some mail resources
online when it starts.  I've got a local IMAP server and an IMAP
server on the internet.  I work with the local one and rarely use the
remote one, so I don't want to stay connected to the remote one
needlessly (plus, I usually already have a persistent fetchmail
process pulling mail down from the remote server).  The remote one has
all of the syncing options off and I can shut it off manually and when
KMail exits, but it always turns on when KMail starts again.

Is there a way I can stop KMail from starting the resource and
connecting to the server?  The only ways I can see are to deny the
resource access to my wallet (but that's annoying, either it nags me
or I do it permanently and it's a pain to connect again), or delete
the remote resource and just manage it with my previous client when I
need to.

Thanks,
Bryan

(Please CC me on replies, I'm not subscribed to the list.)