[kdepim-users] Proxychains and KDE apps usage (in Debian 7 ;)

Linux DEBIAN linuxdebian at zoho.com
Wed Jul 9 11:15:23 BST 2014

Hi guys,

  sorry if this question is too silly aka newbie one :)
I'm suggested as for proxychains usage with Kontact and other KDE apps to run:
...:$ proxychains kdeinit4

Orig. info here:
https://userbase.kde.org/Kontact#Enabling_SOCKS_support_in_KMail_and_KNode

Currently I am still "playing" and testing proxychains therefore maybe I do something wrong.
However I'd like to ask if someone has any experiences with proxychains and KDE apps usage.
I feel I'm getting too much errors in terminal as proxychanis output however Kmail seems to be working.

And doesn anybody tested proxychains with Tor ?
I've just edited 'socks4' to 'socks5'
/etc/proxychains.conf
where was
"# defaults set to "tor"
socks4  127.0.0.1 9050"

And the last question:
how is it reverseable that command "proxychains kdeinit4" ?
If I'd like to stop to use proxy with KDE ?

Thanks for your tips & help, in advance.

✡

This message signed / encrypted by my public gnuPG key. Key ID: DBEB2B6A
Key fingerprint: 5935 A6BF B301 C1AA 2218 E0E5 7D58 BAE0 DBEB 2B6A

Encrypt/sign your e-mail (content) by GnuPG or OpenPGP.
There are fully free or very cheap solutions. It is not complicated at all !
Find out more details at below links:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/06/encrypted-e-mail-how-much-annoyance-will-you-tolerate-to-keep-the-nsa-away/
http://www.gpg4win.org
https://gpgtools.org