[kdepim-users] desktop-laptop-desktop mail moving

Luis Felipe Tabera lftabera at yahoo.es
Wed Jul 16 23:41:47 BST 2014

On Wednesday 16 July 2014 12:46:00 Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> On Friday, May 16, 2014 01:58:53 PM Maurice wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 May 2014 17:38:31 -0600, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > >  Do you move your desktop ~/Mail out of the way and then move the
> > >
> > > laptop ~/Mail into its place? Or some other way of copying?
> >
> > Assuming the two machines are on the same LAN, and updating /mail
from
> > e.g. laptop to desktop:
> >
> > E.g. (on laptop):
> > rsync -avx --delete /home/user/mail/   desktop:/home/user/mail
>
> How do folks handle syncing address-book updates between machines?

I use owncloud and carddav resource, but that is probably overkill. I also
have a couple of computers with the full /home/user rsynced.

If it is the personal address-book, the .vcf files are stored in
./local/share/contacts, but I think that the personal contacts agent is not
designed to take into account with other apps or the user messing with
the files in that folder. There is a big warning saying that you should not
mess with this folder.

How many machines/users would share the addressbook? How often is it
updated? Should any machine be able to update the addressbook or some
of them ould use it as a readonly resource?

Luis