[kdepim-users] Folder selection dialog elswhere in KDE

Jan Schumacher jalwias at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 4 22:00:18 GMT 2014

Hi all,

one of the most distinguishing useful features of KMail in my opinion is the
folder selection dialog. It pops up when jumping to folders or moving/copying
messages. Once opened a user can simply type part of the desired folder's name
to filter the list. I use this feature almost exclusively for my folder-
finding needs now.

It seems to me that this would be very handy in other parts of KDE as well to
filter file system folders for example. Dolphin, krusader would be prime
candidates. I could not find any comparable functionality for file system
folders elsewhere. Am I missing something? Has such an idea been discussed in
the KMail-community before?

Cheers
Jan