[kdepim-users] How do i "rebuild" a *working* akonadi configuration?

Mathias Homann Mathias.Homann at opensuse.org
Thu Jan 16 13:36:28 GMT 2014

Hi all,

Is it just me, or is kdepim / akonadi right now simply broken beyond all hope
for repair?

Out of the blue on my wife's KDE account, kontact starts with all imap
ressources "offline", and no /toggle online/offline" revives them.
After much poking and prodding, I decide to get rid of all of her akonadi
config, and set ip up fro scratch.. And there's the point where the pain
starts:

- Parts of the configuration are scattered over three different folder
structures in the user's ~, and I can't for the heck of me think of a *good*
reason for that.
- just because the user has logged out does not mean at all that all the
various akondai-related "agents" are actually terminated
- after finally finding all parts of the configuration, and deleting them, i
log my wife's account back in, and what do i find in KDE control cventer in
"personal data"... Three, four, five (insert random number) dead maildir
ressources out of nowhere.
- at some point in this fun i had a stage where i could not create agents,
because akonadi was not running, and i could not start akonadi, because there
were no agents...

Am i totally out to lunch here when I assume that this stuff is actually
supposed to be used by normal users?

(no)cheers
MH