[kdepim-users] Korganiizer: How to add calendar on IMAP folder?

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu Feb 13 18:30:33 GMT 2014

On Thursday, 2014-02-13, 17:53:00, Florian Auer wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> is this mailing list dead?

No, there can be any number of reasons for questions going unanswered.

Maybe the answer is unknown, or people who know are currently not reading
(e.g. vacation), or reading once a week, etc.

As far as I can tell that (Calendar on IMAP) should still be possible, this is
was Kolab is doing.
I think it requires that the IMAP server supports folder annotations and that
certain folders have those annotations telling the client do treat emails in
such folders as containers for events, contacts, etc.

On the client side this is handled by the "Kolab Resource", a helper process
that basically "subscribes" to those IMAP folders and maps their actual
contents into respective Contact or Calendar folders.

I have only ever used that with a full Kolab server, so I wouldn't know how to
set this up manually.

Maybe works through the "accountwizard" program.

Cheers,
Kevin

> Best,
> Florian
>
> On Monday 10 February 2014 17:54:07 lists at floeschie.org wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > according to the Korganizer manual, it is possible to add a calendar
> > which is located on a diconnected IMAP account folder [1]. However, using
> > Kontact 4.11.3 on Kubuntu 13.10, I cannot find this option. There is also
> > no "Groupware" tab in the "Misc" settings of my disconnected IMAP
> > account. Is there some extra (Akonadi) package I have to install?
> >
> > Best,
> > Florian
> >
> > [1] http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdepim/korganizer/managing-data.html
KDE user support, developer mentoring