[kdepim-users] local mail

Johann Rohwer jr at sun.ac.za
Mon Dec 1 07:55:46 GMT 2014

On Sunday 30 November 2014 19:07:38 Luis Felipe Tabera Alonso wrote:
> On Monday 24 November 2014 08:39:55 Johann Rohwer wrote:
> > I use it with maildir format and it works just fine. I use postfix on my
> > local machine mainly to deliver emails from various system checks and cron
> > jobs. In my postfix main.cf I have set:
> > home_mailbox = .local/share/akonadi_maildir_resource_0/inbox/
> > (note the final trailing slash which specifies maildir format).
> >
> > I have then set up an akonadi maildir resource ("Local Folders") that
> > points to:
> > $HOME/.local/share/akonadi_maildir_resource_0
> >
> > This is just a maildir hierarchy which can be read by other mail utilities
> > as well (for example I have set it up to work with mutt for just doing a
> > quick check on the command line).
> >
> > I have had no issues at all with this set up. In fact, I am using the
> > "Local Folders" resource as an archive to move messages from my work IMAP
> > account (using the "Expire" menu item from folder properties).
> > Akonadi/baloo indexing works on the folders as expected.
>
> Johann,
>
> Can you check that the number of files in your maildir resource
> .local/share/akonadi_maildir_resource_0/inbox/ is the same as the number
> appearing in kmail? Because this is another issue I am experiencing, not all
> mails are correctly moved from a (disconnecte) IMAP to a local maildir.

Yes it is the same number. BTW it is
.local/share/akonadi_maildir_resource_0/inbox/cur/
where the files are located. Or in ....../......./new/ if the messages are
unread.

I am experiencing no difficulties whatsoever in moving mails from my
disconnected imap resource to the local folders. In fact I have it done
automatically when expiring old messages (see above).

Johann
The integrity and confidentiality of this email is governed by these terms / Hierdie terme bepaal die integriteit en vertroulikheid van hierdie epos. http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer