[kdepim-users] Kmail: When I delete a receiving account, filters for "all" stop working

David Goodenough david.goodenough at linkchoose.co.uk
Sun Aug 3 16:45:41 BST 2014

If I create a filter one of the options is for it to apply to "all accounts",
but kmail stores this information by enumerating all "current" accounts and
adding them to the filter definition, rather than using something like a
wildcard.

This has two consequences, firstly when you add a new account it is not
automatically picked up and added to the filters, and secondly when you delete
an account every time the filters get run they complain about the missing
account.  Neither is sensible.

Does anyone have a script that I can use to correct this problem, or do I have
to go through manually correcting all the filters (I have about 150 of them).

David