[kdepim-users] KDE 4.13.3 Kmail POP . Leave mail on server option

Colin Close itchka at compuserve.com
Tue Aug 12 23:40:04 BST 2014

On Tuesday 12 Aug 2014 12:11:56 O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 11/08/2014 23:30, Colin Close wrote:

> >> I am on Kubuntu 14.04 using KDE 4.13.3 myself and I am not seeing
> >> this on either of my 3 pop accounts. I have 2 accounts on a
> >> "hired" host and 1 on google, all of them set to leave mail on
> >> server for a set time and have no problems.
> >>
> >> Kind regards Sinclair
> >
> > Thanks for your reply, It's good to know that it works for
> > somebody. I'll have to investigate further. The trouble is though I
> > have absolutely no idea where to look!.
>
> the "oldest trick in the book" is to create a new user on your
> machine, copy the mail setup as that user and see if it works there.
> If not I would dare a guess you may have a problem with your provider
> configuration and I would then check if it works on gmail, yahoo or
> whatever "free" provider.
>
> If so well then you know the reason is likely a strange setup at your
> host, if not then you have to dig into your distro or machine setup.
>
> good luck,
> Sinclair

Thanks Sinclair,
I'll give that a whirl.
I'm greatly looking forward to the day when everything on kmail2 works
properly. I've invested a large amount of time into it since it's release and
although it has improved the filter performance is still abysmal.

Thanks also to Maurice fortunately not using Gmail

Best,
Colin