[kdepim-users] KMail 4.13 upgrade: check for new mails minimum every 5 minutes?

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Fri Apr 25 17:23:58 BST 2014

On Sunday 20 of April 2014 16:23:20 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday, 2014-04-19, 14:10:00, Benedikt Engelhard wrote:
> > Anyway, I have an IMAP-Account, since push does not seem to work, I had
> > set
> > to check mails every minute. With 4.13 the lowest value for checking the
> > inbox is 5 (Five!) Minutes. The control doesn't allow me to enter a lower
> > value. How do I change that from a 5 to a 1 minute interval?
>
> That kind of puzzled me since I have resource configured to less so I began
> some code digging :)
>
> Seems the minimum of that setting can be configured as well, just not from
> an UI (the intent being that sysadmins could set a higher minimum of that
> was required for their systems).
>
> The change in behavior is a result of the default being changed from 1 to 5
> minutes.
>
> If you want to change that to 1 again, create (or modify if exists) a file
> called resourcebaserc in any of the directories listed by
> kde4-config --path config
>
> containing
>
> [ConfigurationDialogRestrictions}
> MinimumCheckInterval=1

This won't work :-) There is (and always have been) a minimum limit on how
often folders can be synced in Akonadi server which is hardcoded to 5 minutes.
So even when you configured less than that, the folder was never synced more
often than every 5 minutes. I just changed the default value in resourcebaserc
to 5 in KDE 4.13 not to fool users :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348