[kdepim-users] 4.13 upgrade, still akonadi trouble

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Fri Apr 18 17:00:38 BST 2014

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 16:52:10 +0200
Werner Joss <werner at hoernerfranzracing.de> wrote:

Hello Werner,

>Am Freitag, 18. April 2014, 14:18:47 schrieb Brad Rogers:
>> Don't delete those directories.  Move them;
>you are right with that advice, Brad,
>in fact, I did that in case I would/could still use something in there.

It's good to read  that you did that.

>just recreating my configs was then enough to get everything back, so I
>deleted the *_old folder afterwards :)

I would too, at that point.  No point keeping old, useless, config dirs
around.  OTOH, it /might/ be an idea to keep a back up of your current
working configs, just in case things "blow up" in future.

>my main concern is still that most of whats going on inside akonadi is
>hidden from the user, e.g. by using binary files that can't be edited

I don't see the point of binary configs for precisely the reasons you
give.  Although I suppose some things might be tricky to store in a
plain ASCII config file.

>easily. plus, the arcane error messages (if any) of *akonadi stuff in
>case anything goes wrong.

Is it my imagination or do I really recollect reading that the KDE team
are moving away from akonadi for a future release?

--
 Regards  _
White people going to school, where they teach you to be thick