[kdepim-users] kontact suddenly dead slow

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Tue Oct 15 08:55:27 BST 2013

On Tuesday 15 October 2013 06:09:40 O. Sinclair wrote:
[...]
> Have you tried starting just KMail, not Kontact, to see if it behaves
> the same? I have had issues with Addressbook causing Kontact to go
> unresponsive. Further, check your "tags", I had multiple blank tags and
> they can also slow down Kontact.

I just tried runnig KMail solo - no change. KMail + akonadiserver + mysqld
start churning away shortly after KMail starts up.

I've also had a stab at akonadiconsole to try and find some more information.
When I go to the Job Tracker tab and enable job tracking, I can see that
Kontact (or KMail in the latter case) is starting tons of jobs - several per
second, actually - and it just keeps on doing that. They are all of the type
"Akonadi::CollectionFetchJob" and all of them stay in the state "Waiting"
indefinitely (tried for 24h). Upon expection, it seems its one of those jobs
for each and every mail in the accounts.

What I haven't mentioned: I have tried this before last week and left Kontact
sitting over the weekend (three full days, to be precise), hoping that this
would be just one long indexing job that needs to be done once - but it just
never stops. :-(

Regards,

Thomas