[kdepim-users] Search folders

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Thu Oct 17 11:40:25 BST 2013

On Thursday 17 of October 2013 12:24:59 Luis Felipe Tabera wrote:
> On Thursday October 17 2013 12:11:12 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> > On Thursday 17 of October 2013 11:56:56 Luis Felipe Tabera wrote:
> > > Hi list,
> > >
> > > I now can create search folders for 4.11 but aparently they are "static"
> > > in
> > > the sense that, if I try to update one search, I get the message
> > >
> > > Before syncing folder "Mysearch" it is necessary to have the resource
> > > online. Do you want to make it online?
> > >
> > > And it does not matter if I press Go online or cancel. The folder is not
> > > updated.
> >
> > The Search collections are a bit special case, the "do you want to make it
> > online" is indeed a bug and should not be shown. Actually most actions
> > (Update Folder, Find Messages, Archive Folder and probably even Manage
> > Local Subscriptions) should not be shown in search folder context menu.
> >
> > However, I tried creating a search for unread emails and it worked
> > correctly for me (almost correctly, it showed some read messages to), so
> > maybe the problem is that your mail indexing does not work properly?
>
> Yes, of course I can create a search with all unread folder. And it works
> well (well, I also found some read messages too), but if I receive new
> unread emails, I have to relaunch a search through the full search dialog,
> that I would like to avoid.

(Sorry for private reply previously, I hit the wrong button)

The Search will update itself automatically when a new email arrives and
matches the criteria.

> I also have the option of "go to next unread message" through shortcuts, but
> that does not give a "global" view.
>
> I think I will try the tag thing. Aparently, tag folders work on my setup :)
>
> Luis

Daniel Vrátil
KDE Desktop Team
Associate Software Engineer, Red Hat, Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348