[kdepim-users] KMail frequently fails to fetch mail - need to clear akonadi cache

Thu Nov 7 02:02:09 GMT 2013

On Wednesday 06 Nov 2013 2:31:31 PM ITSEF Admin wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 November 2013 13:15:07 Paul Sobey wrote:
> > On Wed, 6 Nov 2013, ITSEF Admin wrote:
> [...]
>
> > > But your akonadi cache does not need to be cleared, i.e. once you
> > > restart
> > > akonadi, everything is back to normal (incl. mail fetching)?
> >
> > Correct - just a bounce of akonadi. It's happened three times today so
> > far. I'm building 4.11.3 now and will report back if behaviour changes.
>
> Hm, odd... In my case, restarting akonadi does not help. Kontact will not
> start to display any new mails in that folder again before I clear the
> akonadi cache for that folder. In some cases even multiple times - the last
> time this happened was just now. And I'm already running 4.11.3... :-(
>
> Looks like I'll have to write a bug report. Again.

I have had this problem. Not very often but already twice in the last one
week. The only solution was was to dump akonadi cache for the folder using
akonadiconsole. Very annoying as i had to download about 3GB of mails again.
Also i noticed that doing so caused the size of my ~/.local/share/akonadi/
folder to swell as it seems that old data is not dumped but im not entirely
sure of this.
--
Cheers!
Kishore