[kdepim-users] Error in Google Calendar

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Wed Nov 27 15:35:49 GMT 2013

Hi,

there are several quotas on Google API. First of them is number of requests
per user per second, this is currently set to 5. Then there's second quota
which is total number of requests per day, which is set to 200k. It should
work again next day.

Looking at graphs in API console, we've indeed hit the quota yesterday. I'll
ask Google to get us more :-)

Dan

On Wednesday 27 of November 2013 00:25:27 Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had to reboot my system tonight and after that my fully functional Google
> calendar stooped working in Kontact.  The message I have at start-up (and at
> any point I try to access the calendar) is:
>
> "Google Calendars and Tasks (myname at gmail.com): Requested resource is
> forbidden. Google replied 'Daily Limit Exceeded'
>
> Browsed the web with no meaningful solution proposed.  Any ideas what is
> this and how to make the calendar working again?
>
> Running Kubuntu 12.04LTS with all updates.
>
> Thanks,
> gk

Daniel Vrátil
KDE Desktop Team
Associate Software Engineer, Red Hat, Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348