[kdepim-users] kde-pim hopeless?

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri May 10 12:27:34 BST 2013

On 09/05/2013 16:36, Maurice Batey wrote:
> On Thu, 09 May 2013 14:40:52 +0200, O. Sinclair wrote:
>
>> There is a setting somewhere - I recommend you go to kdeforums.org, the
>> kontact & PIM forum, and read through the sticky topic re akonadi/pim. It
>> is somewhere in that thread, right now I can't remember what I did
>
>   I assume you mean forum.kde.org.
>     Looked in there but could see no solution - only others (including
> you) with the same problem!
>
> Looks a though for the time being I'll just stay with my own RYO script to
> do Find Messages.

Locate the akonadi_nepomuk_feederrc file and change DisableIdleDetection
to true:

Code: Select all
[akonadi_nepomuk_feeder]
DisableIdleDetection=true

This will cause the feeder to keep on indexing regardless of idle
status, increasing CPU usage significantly but on the long run reducing
the time to complete indexing. As a matter of fact, the real performance
issue is the initial indexing, as it can take very long (days with large
mailboxes), and is restarted if interrupted (i.e. because of a restart,
not by sleep-mode or alike). Once initial indexing is over, performance
will be significantly better. The KDE PIM developers are aware of this
problem and will work on a solution.