[kdepim-users] kde-pim hopeless?

Russ Kepler russ at kepler-eng.com
Sun May 5 15:04:02 BST 2013

Should I just give up and move on?  From my perspective the kontact/kmail
system has gone from a fairly robust (if occasionally slow) system that dealt
well with mail to a bug-ridden system that doesn't filter received mail
properly, search received mail properly after it's filtered and sucks down
resources like nothing I've ever seen (virtuoso-t usually is at 2GB of ram
after a couple of days and is usually consuming one core continuously).

For a while it looked like things were getting better then suddenly it all
regressed to worse than the starting state.  I don't know if the development
team does any unit testing but I'm fairly sure that there's no regression
testing, or if there is the testing is either too minor, test cases too
trivial or the results of testing ignored.

It's PITA to move away but unless someone can give me any hope that things are
going to get better I'm feeling that's the only choice.  I'd rather have a
system that ran slowly than one I can't trust at all.