[kdepim-users] Please check your maildir stores for 1-byte sized files

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu May 2 19:47:40 BST 2013

Am Donnerstag, 2. Mai 2013, 17:34:05 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Hi!
>
> I stumpled over what I think is a possible data loss again with my most
> recent, I think pretty simple setup with KMail and filter configuration
> from scratch:
>
> Bug 319226 - produces 1-byte-sized files on failed move attempts while
> filtering http://bugs.kde.org/319226
>
> I saw it produce three more of these 1-byte-sized files
[…]
> I still hope its just happening for me and its somehow related to filter
> rules, but please sanity check your maildir stores.

I suspect its really something with my filter rules, particularily the CRM114
spam filtering integration rules I made.

So it may really just happen to me.

I removed those CRM114 rules now and will see what happens.

Still it would be reassuring to hear from some POP3 users that they do not
have one byte sized files in their local maildirs while using (local) filtering
themselves.

Thanks,