[kdepim-users] Can't import calendar

huw huw at synapticsilence.net
Mon May 6 23:40:06 BST 2013

Hi everyone

I'm on Debian and just upgraded to Debian 7.0, therefore I'm now using Kontact
4.4.11.  Everything seems to have gone really well with one exception; I can't
import my old calendar into Kontact.  If I go into the calendar module and
select import, then point to my old calendar, then select "add as a new
calendar" (because the only existing calendar I have right now is "Birthdays")
I get the following message:

"Unable to create calendar /home/huw/icalout.ics"

What a useless error message!  Does anyone know what the actual error is, and
how I can resolve it?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Huw