[kdepim-users] What about VCard directory shared addressbooks?

Jose Medellin jfmc2 at coasin.com.mx
Tue May 7 15:26:45 BST 2013

Kevin Krammer <krammer <at> kde.org> writes:

> > How do I manually trigger the reload of the addressbook for Akonadi to
> > read again the VCF File list?  Right clicking on the resource and clicking
> > refresh doesn't do anything.
>
> Hmm, that should have the desired effect.

Away from the affected system (and will be for 30 days), but will recheck
and file a bug eventually.

> qdbus <identifier> / org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.synchronize
>
> with <identifier> being something like
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_vcard_resource_2
>
> (the last part depends on the type of resource just copied the first one I saw
> in my output of qdbus)

Perfect!

With a combination of inotify and a script which sudo's for each affected
user this should solve my issue entirely!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  Will let you know in a
month if it worked! :)

> Cheers,
> Kevin

Jose