[kdepim-users] Messages skip Filter on mails coming to Inbox

Russ Kepler russ at kepler-eng.com
Sat Mar 9 14:21:23 GMT 2013

On Friday, March 08, 2013 07:20:39 AM Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 06:59:28 PM Russ Kepler wrote:
> > Oh, and search still isn't working.  It seems to find text in a subject
> > line  but not in the body of the message.  This seems to be true with old
> > message and messages received since the upgrade.
>
> After you boot, start akonadiconsole and check the status of the nepomuk-
> feeder, is it showing "Waiting for nepomuk server" or "Nepomuk service not
> available"?
>
> If so you're running into a startup quirk (I get it too). Restart the feeder
> resource and it will start indexing. Probably disable Idle Detection as
> well.

It wasn't running, so I started it 2 days ago.  Since then the combined cpu of
akonadiconsole, virtuoso-t, dbus-daemon and nepomukservicestub(s) is 4250
minutes or 71 hours, this with an up time of 2 days 46 minutes.  The load
average of 2.39 is almost exclusively from these processes.

How long should it take?  There are about 186,000 files under the
.kde/share/apps/kmail2 and I thing we can assume that most are emails.