[kdepim-users] Importing messages

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Sat Mar 16 15:26:30 GMT 2013

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 13:37:57 +0000, Mark Fraser wrote:

> why won't the importer allow me to import messages into the "Local
> Folders" folder?

  What I did to avoid the Importer was to define the account's Local Mail
(POP) to be ~/mail, and created ~/mail as a copy of the other
installation's /mail directory.

KMail just picked that up, did some indexing, and kept the same
directory layout as before.

This was with KMail 4.8.5, using 'maildir' directories and POP3.

I'm not aware of missing anything that the Importer might have provided,
though I did have to adjust the 'folder properties' to suit my taste.

--
/\/\aurice
	(Retired in Surrey, UK)     Registered Linux User #487649