[kdepim-users] Network Problem 4.10

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Wed Jun 26 11:57:09 BST 2013

On Wednesday 26 of June 2013 11:34:33 O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 26/06/2013 10:51, Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> > On Wednesday 26 of June 2013 10:37:10 Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have a bad Problem with KMail, on my system it is not possible to
> >> restart
> >> KMail after I have a Network break (stop).
> >>
> >> All other Program found the Network again, after the Network is up again,
> >> but KMail can't reconnect.
> >>
> >> I have to close the user and relogin the user, then "normal"  Kmail is
> >> connecting same time I have to reboot?
> >>
> >> Have any a hint what I can do?
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Usually just hitting the "Check mail" button in KMail should automatically
> > throw all your mail accounts online (if the network is available). If that
> > does not happen, you can try restarting Akonadi from System Settings
> > ->Akonadi Configuration -> Server Configuration -> Restart. That should
> > do it :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dan
>
> that is a system setting I don't have and never seen I think? KDE 4.10.4
> on Kubuntu

Maybe it's provided by an optional package? Anyway running "kcmshell4 akonadi"
should either do nothing (they your are probably missing a package or
something), or display the settings page (in that case it's just hidden from
System Settings in Kubuntu)

Dan

Daniel Vrátil
Associate Software Engineer, KDE Desktop Team
Red Hat, Inc

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348