[kdepim-users] too much work filtering?

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Tue Jul 30 17:52:13 BST 2013

Perhaps because I have lots of filters and full filter-logging, I see
messages come into my main inbox, and then moved into the appropriate
folders. This seems like a lot of extra chances for Akonadi to mess up,
making database entries for incoming mails and then re-reading, changing,
and then re-writing them on filtering. In my case it seems that 90% of the
messages I get are going to be deleted as spam anyway, and that's a lot of
unnecessary Akonadi thrashing.

Shouldn't mails be filtered before they even hit my inbox? I know this
would involve some intermediary temporary storage but it would keep lots of
mail-munching traffic away from the Akonadi store (and Nepomuk?).

Plus, my hopes wouldn't be dashed when I see a bunch of new mail come in,
only to be deleted as spam. :)