[kdepim-users] Reading old messages in kmail-view

Marc Deop Argemí damnshock at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 22:19:50 BST 2013

On Sunday 14 July 2013 17:56:01 Anne Wilson wrote:
> I have a directory full of ancient emails.  I wanted to check them, to
> see whether they are still relevant (archived) or simply lying around.
>  I thought I should be able to open them with KMail-view, but they
> insist on trying to open in Evolution.  Does KMail-view no longer exist?
>
> There needs to be some way of viewing messages that are not in the
> akonadi-controlled tree.
>
> Anne

Have you tried from the command line with

kmail --view /full/path/to/email/file

It seems like  your system has a File Association to open such files with
Evolution

Check in File Associations in System Settings an search for mbox (or whatever
format your email is stored in). What's the default application listed there?

Regards,

Marc Deop