[kdepim-users] Kmail not recognising alt identity

Martin Skjöldebrand shieldfire at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 10:50:02 BST 2013

On Wednesday 17 July 2013 10.12.56 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On 17/07/13 08:46, Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:
> > I've set up Kmail to use two different identities. But sending
> > mail using my secondary identity still adds the primary email
> > address which is "not good". Any idea, what is wrong?
>
> We probably need more information about your setup.  Do you use
> different folders for the two classes of mail?  If you do, check the
> properties for each folder.  There you can set an identity to be used
> for messages.

Oh wasn't aware of that being an issue.
No, It uses the same inbox. I only use it to check and reply on my
organisation mail. (Defaulting to the default identity).

I've got two gmail addresses, one private and one for the organisation I
belong to. I use Kmail to POP3 both accounts to my laptop so I don't have to
visit each on the web. I then want to reply to my private mail using the
default identity, and organisation mail using my secondary identity. Or write
mail with either. Even if I change to my secondary identity when writing and
sending new email, the primary email address is used.

Does it somehow use the dientity set in the inbox regardless of individual
mailsetting unless I specifically select another folder with other settings?
Testing that now.

/Martin S