[kdepim-users] new messages that can't be viewed

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Jul 31 17:12:29 BST 2013

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 06:19:26 AM O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 30/07/2013 18:44, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > 4.10.4 on Fedora 18
> >
> > At least once a day I get new mail in a folder that won't display in
> > the
> > message list. The only way to see it (them) is to close KMail and
> > restart it.
> >
> > Is this something that is going to be fixed in 4.11? Looks like another
> > out-of-sync condition.
>
> I have the same on 4.10.5 on Kubuntu 12.10
>
> I also use quite a few filters and 2 different spam filters (Spambayes
> and CRM114) and I suspect the post-filtering to be the culprit.
>
> Devs are aware (I "listen in" on the devel list) but I am not sure if it
> is fixed in 4.11

It seems like there is a window in which KMail indicates a new message, but
the message isn't quite "there" yet. Probably related to, or exacerbated
by, all the extra work involved in putting mail into an account's "inbox"
folder and filtering it out from there, exposing one or more of the
multiple synchronization issues that Akonadi/KMail has.