[kdepim-users] Yet Another Troubled KMail2 Migration Successful (Maybe) (For Now)

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue Jul 9 19:58:30 BST 2013

Am Dienstag, 9. Juli 2013, 21:02:35 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > My problem was that only some of my filters were working. Turns out I need
> > to set them to act on both a POP account and the Local Folders account (in
> > the Advanced tab of filter setup). I was only selecting a POP account.
>
> Oh, now I understand it. Indeed this can be confusing. With the current
> filtering, filtering is done *after* the mail was downloaded from POP3 into
> the local mail folder. I will think about a good solution (which would be
> probably that even if a POP3 account is selected, the filter will be active
> for the account where the mail is downloaded).

Now that explains some stuff.

So the filter needs only be active for the maildir resource the POP3 resources
are downloading to?

I have seen this behavior, mails appear in inbox folder before getting
filtered, but I never translated it into what I need to check as account.

I also wondered whether I would having it filtered twice if maildir *and* POP3
resource was selected.

Another solution might be: Do not show POP3 accounts as filter target at all if
there is no filtering taking place on that level.

I also wonder, what the mixed maildir resource would treat as new mails that
trigger the filtering. I hope it won´t treat moved mails as new (in that
folder).

I posted some questions about all of this before on my migration attempts, and
I am happy to finally get some information about all of this.

Thanks,